“One of Brazil's leading advocates of American country music, Rodrigo Haddad has played show after show at venues ranging from big city honky-tonks to small-town rodeos.
Even after CMT went off the air in Brazil, Rodrigo continued to promote country music through albums and shows. In 2005 he released a collection of original songs entitled Ten Years and More to Come, and by 2007 he was living in Nashville—hard at work on new material. Like many country music fans in Brazil, I have tremendous respect for Rodrigo. He embodies integrity and determination, which are the heart of the country way of life. His tireless efforts have touched thousands, and he has done more than any single person I know to promote country music in and out of Brazil.”
Former Operations Manager for Country Music Television (CMT) International in Brazil
• FROM BRAZIL TO TN is the latest release of a Brazilian county music artist who has been performing professionally for more than a dozen years. “I am thankful to be doing what I love,” says Rodrigo. “And I hope this project will open new doors as I continue my journey down the road of country music.”
Eleven of the album’s fourteen tracks were written by Rodrigo Haddad and two by Rodrigo’s long-time friend and musical partner Thiago Farah. The bonus track is a danceable cover of the international hit “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison. “We gave the album a happy and upbeat feel.”
Listeners can expect to hear Rodrigo Haddad’s trademark style combined with the authentic sound of American country music. “I based the lyrics on personal experiences, but the songs tell stories that most people can relate to.”
The album’s title track, “From Brazil to TN,” is a country song with Brazilian swing and it tells the story of Rodrigo’s comings and goings between São Paulo and Nashville. “Someone Like You” is about discovering love – that special person that comes out of nowhere and never leaves your mind. “This song is sure to get people dancing.” Finally, “Too Country” is the story of a boy named Billy Joe who escapes the big city to go in search of his dreams.
FROM BRAZIL TO TN is Rodrigo Haddad’s second album following TEN YEARS AND MORE TO COME. “I plan to take these songs to as many people and places as possible,” says Rodrigo. Indeed, this two-year project has everything needed to delight country music lovers in Brazil and beyond.
• In 2008, The International Country Muic Day – ICMDAY.org – has named Rodrigo Haddad as International Country Music Ambassador of the year. In the words of Raúl Tejeiro, President of the Country Music Association of Uruguay and Coordinator of this year’s awards, “these awards represent the recognition of an extensive career and the unique prestige earned and consolidated promoting country music internationally”.
• In 2007, Rodrigo Haddad was nominated for the Fifth Annual CMA Global Country Artist Award, among a strong slate of international candidates.
• In 2006, the AristoMedia Group hosted the Global Artist Acoustic Showcase at Legends on Broadway in Nashville. Rodrigo Haddad was invited to perform with other international guests in town for the 2006 CMA Music Festival.
• In 2005, Rodrigo Haddad released the album Ten Years and More to Come and recorded his first music video “Like a Honky Tonk” at a country music venue in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
• In 2004, Rodrigo Haddad was among the global country music artists invited to the CMA’s First Annual Global Artist Party in downtown Nashville.
• Rodrigo Haddad has been playing music in Brazil, Argentina, and United States for 13 years. His songs have been aired on country radio stations in Europe as well.